As an Institution, QMUL recognises the harmful impact of cigarette and tobacco product smoking on individuals, families, health services and society. Much of our research, teaching and public engagement work seeks to eradicate smoking and help those suffering from the effects of smoking.
The QMUL Smoking Policy aims to protect people from the harmful effects of passive smoking, provide support for smokers to quit, and provide designated areas on the Mile End campus for people to smoke. Our other campuses remain smoke-free. In addition, the use of electronic cigarettes are permitted in outside spaces only on QMUL campuses (excluding West Smithfield and Lincolns Inn Fields).
Induction and refresher information for staff, students and visitors
- QMUL Smoking Policy_Induction Checklist [DOC 18KB]
- QMUL Smoking Policy poster [PDF 1,275KB]
- QMUL Smoking Policy flyer [PDF 1,204KB]
'Quit Smoking' Help and Support information for QMUL staff and students
- QMUL Occupational Health Service, Ground Floor, Geography Building, Mile End Campus – Tel 0207 882 8700, Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Smokers Cessation Clinic, Health and Lifestyle Research Unit, Centre for Environmental and Preventive Medicine, Wolfson Institute, Queen Mary University of London – 2 Stayner’s Road, London, E1 4AH (located behind Stepney Green Underground Station). Tel: 0207 882 8230, Email email@example.com
- Student Health Service, Ground Floor, Geography Building, Mile End Campus – Tel 0207 882 8710.
To report problems with smoking on QMUL campuses
- To report a persistent problem, contact QMUL Security
- In case of emergency, please dial 020 7882 3333 (QMUL extension 3333).
Security Control Rooms:
Mile End - Ground Floor, France House
Tel: 020 7882 5000
Whitechapel - Garrod Building, Room G.07
Tel: 020 7882 2599
Charterhouse Square - Dawson Hall, Front Entrance
Tel: 020 7882 6020